Re: Namespaces for Lintian Tags

On 21.11.19 10:55, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
>> 1. Shortens tag names.
> I do not see how that is a good thing.
>
> "debian-copyright-file-uses-obsolete-national-encoding" is a sentence, which
> inherently makes it extremely human-readable. For a tool that is
> primarily meant to validate the output of a human, this is an immensely
> useful feature.

to be honest, i already find myself resorting to lintian-info for an
explanation of what these supposedly "extremely human-readable
sentences" actually mean (and what these meanings imply) far too often.

so i probably would be just as happy with new, more terse but namespaced
tags.

>> 3. Frees up name space (good tags are rare).

i guess this is the problem, and everything that helps with it has my +1.

just my 1¢.

fgamsdr
IOhannes