Re: Debian event pre FOSDEM?

Hey Jonathan, Holger,

On 2019-11-18 14:20, Holger Levsen wrote:
Hi Jonathan,

adding Jurgen from HSBXL to cc: as he is much better suited to answer
your questions than I am.

On Mon, Nov 18, 2019 at 02:42:29PM +0200, Jonathan Carter wrote:
I'm not aware the video team has planned a sprint for 2020 already. So
they could very well do it at the MiniDebCamp too.
First off, thanks for taking the initiative to get something rolling.
thanks! (and surely we could still change the location, but that would
involve more work than I was willing and able to do. And I figured we
should get something rolling now. AFAIK Debian has funds if we decided
we want to rent a place... and I've been to HSBXL last FOSDEM and found
it a fine place and I'm glad they offer it very openly to groups like
us.)

Cool! Glad you enjoyed our spot last year :)

Linux.be offices was nice for the video team because we had a space
where we could leave equipment safely without having to pack it up every
day, they were also very welcoming and fine with people sleeping over
and taking showers there. Not 100% sure whether that's possible at the
hackerspace, linux.be might still be a better option for the video
sprint but if you have more information on what's possible at the
hackerspace, then that could help the video team to coordinate at the
next IRC meeting.

We have a server room, where we also stock our valuables. I'm guessing we could hand a key to one person. In any case, there are plenty of unused spaces in the building. It would strongly surprise me if I wouldn't get permission to use one to lock up your video gear.

Sleeping is a tough issue... The building nor hackerspace are insured for overnighting. So whatever you do, do it wisely.

As far as I know, there are no showers in our building. There might be one at the climbing wall (that's on the other side of the building), would have to ask for that. We do have a kitchenette with hot water.

We've got a pretty solid network- and internet connection, so I think internal and external traffic shouldn't pose any problems for sending out a video stream.

Hope to be seeing you in January,
Jurgen

P.S. wherever you end up... you're certainly invited for Bytenight :)