Re: please avoid writing useless/annoying stuff in debian/gbp.conf (was: source only upload with git-buildpackage)

On 11/11/19 6:30 PM, Theodore Y. Ts'o wrote:
> Yes, and that's why I use debian/master instead of debian/buster or
> debian/bullseye.  :-)
>
> When I do create debian/buster (once it became the stable branch), the
> first thing I did after I branched off debian/buster from
> debian/master was to edit debian/gbp.conf was to have:
>
> debian-branch=debian/buster
>
> I only do this when I need to do the first stable backport of a
> serious/security bug, such that I have to create the debian/buster
> branch in the first place.  So it hasn't been all that annoying for
> me.

+1
I do pretty much similar things in my repositories, and I neither want
people to mess with the way I choose branch names nor do NMUers want do
have to figure out which branch to use for what.
debian/gbp.conf is perfect for that, so please maintain it. It is very easy!