Re: Automated removal of RC buggy packages

On Mon, Nov 11, 2019 at 06:00:18PM -0500, Sam Hartman wrote:
>     Moritz> We should even work towards automating this further; if a
>     Moritz> package is RC-buggy for longer than say a year (with some
>     Moritz> select exceptions) it should just get auto-removed from the
>     Moritz> archive.
>
> if you do this, please standardize a way for a maintainer to flag that
> they don't want a version package in testing.

Agreed, for that use case it always felt a bit of a kludge to apply the default
RC bugs severities, as it also clutters the list of actionable
bugs for people to work on (as a maintainer-imposed "serious" isn't actionable
compared to an actually fixable serious bug)

Possible options might be a dedicated RC bug severity like "block-testing" or
maybe a maintainer-accessible way to upload britney block hints for their own
packages hints via dcut or so.

Cheers,
        Moritz