Re: Usage of DEP5

On Sun, Nov 10, 2019 at 1:40 AM Russ Allbery wrote:

> Maybe one of these days I'll take a couple of days and turn it into
> something vaguely maintainable and usable by someone else.

We already have a lot of similar tools for this, unfortunately the
most accurate ones (FOSSology & ScanCode) aren't available in Debian
right now, although folks are working on that. FOSSology has an ITP &
RFS and a GSoC student apparently worked on or is working on ScanCode
packaging. ScanCode doesn't yet support the Debian copyright output
format but FOSSology does.

https://wiki.debian.org/CopyrightReviewTools
https://lwn.net/Articles/803725/
https://osr.cs.fau.de/2019/08/07/final-thesis-a-comparison-study-of-open-source-license-crawler/