Re: Usage of DEP5

gregor herrmann dixit:

>Lately we as a project, guided by the DPL, have been in
>recommendation mode anyway: "Use dh(1) unless you have a reason not
>to", "Use git(1) and salsa unless …".
>
>I think "Write d/copyright in Copyright-Format 1.0 unless you have a
>specific reason not to do this for a specific package" would be a
>good continuation of this streak.

I find them worded too strongly personally, but given almost all
of my paackages are leaf and not team-maintained, I doubt I’d be
too pressured towards it, and with that understanding could live
with it. (In particular, Salsa is something I’m very uncomforta‐
ble with, considering it’s a non-free service not even using the
packaged form, which itself is not suitable for stable, too…)

More on-topic:

>- Personally I find d/copyright files in CF 1.0 much more readable
>  than free-form prose where I have to find the relevant information
>  somewhere instead of having it stand out. Maybe that makes me a

I guess it depends, a well-written hand-written file may surprise
you with regards to legibility, but too-quickly-cobbled-together,
perhaps even unmaintained, ones… yes, I’ve seen those, too.

bye,
//mirabilos
existence.		-- Coywolf Qi Hunt