Re: Usage of DEP5

On Thu, Nov 07, 2019 at 08:33:23AM +0100, Ole Streicher wrote:

> @Andreas: Independently of how this goes for the Debian Policy,
> recommending DEP5 would be a good thing for the policies of Debian
> Science and friends (astro, med).

I have not checked but I'd say every Debian Med package has DEP5 format.
When I'm touching any Debian Science package for whatever reason I'm
also converting d/copyright to DEP5.

> This could even allow to display the
> (source) license(s) on the blends web pages.

On the Blends web pages the prospective packages in Git have a license
field (see for example med-bio task[1]).  (I'm just realising that the
packages in new queue show "License: unknown" which is probably a bug
in the web sentinel code.)

The machine readable gatherer is parsing d/copyright if it is DEP5
formated - so I'm quite picky about this.

Kind regards

     Andreas.

[1] https://blends.debian.org/med/tasks/bio#pkgvcs-debs

--