Re: Usage of DEP5

Andreas Tille dixit:

>explicit wish to not use DEP5.  I wonder what other reasons might exist
>to explicitly stick to the non-machine readable format.

I prefer human-readable format. I also often deal in software which
has more… flexibility than the DEP 5 format allows, or where it is
plain simpler.

To make it clear, I also have packages with machine-readable format,
it’s not general but case-by-case, whichever suits better for the
situation.

The machine-readable format applies to the source tree, not the
binary packages, though, which makes it hard to impossible to map
some real-world scenatios involving heterogenous licences (differing
between binary packages, or different licences chosen of dual-licences,
or different binary package content depending on… things).

I have no problem with it in general, as long as it’s not forced.
It’s clearly a 90%+ solution, not a 100% solution.

If forcing machine-readable copyright is required for UMEGAYA,
then I’m sorry to say I will be removing debian/upstream/metadata
from some of my packages rather.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
<diogenese> Beware of ritual lest you forget the meaning behind it.
<igli> yeah but it means if you really care about something, don't