Getting people of different teams together

Hi Steve,

thanks for such a nicely written report (Summary of the Secure Boot BoF at DC19)!

What I want to comment on:

On 21.10.19 03:36, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> The awkward bits
> ================
>
> Time
> ----
> It's taken a *very* long time to get this into Debian. We've been
> talking about this since ~2012, only in the archive in 2019. Why has
> it taken seven years?
>
> This is a very complex topic that required cross-team collaboration
> from (at least!) 5 different teams in Debian: Kernel, EFI, FTP, DSA,
> buildd.
>
> Debian works really well when people can work independently - it's how
> we have thousands of contributors working on tens of thousands of
> different source packages without forever blocking each other.
>
> But here we had busy people (and teams) waiting on each other,
> multiple times. There there were several different proposals and we
> needed many rounds of discussions before we eventually got to our
> solution. Huge progress was finally made during a sprint in April 2018
> in Germany when we had people from *all* the relevant teams together
> in a room for the first time. It's amazing how much better things can
> work when then feedback loop is measured in minutes rather than weeks!

Could this be a "lessons learned" for Debian?

Who could identify stuck processes and could gather involved parties
together for a weekend/week or so?

I presume that this is not the only issue where getting together (in person
or not) and focussing on one issue makes the difference.

Best wishes
Michael