Re: Integration with systemd

On Di, Nov 05, 2019 at 05:45:34 +0100, Ansgar wrote:
Simon Richter writes:
Yes, that's one of the questions I have asked: is systemd a core system component that we want to provide a stable release for, or is it one of the peripheral packages that users can upgrade to a backported version if they need a new feature, or has Debian relaxed its standards to accomodate systemd?
I guess it can work the same as for src:linux?  That is a core system
component, but users can upgrade to a backported version.

Well, you can have different linux kernels installed at the same time and choose from grub. So installing a newer kernel from backports won’t delete the kernel from the stable release.

This won’t work for systemd.

Shade and sweet water!

	Stephan

--
| Stephan Seitz          E-Mail: stse@fsing.rootsland.net |
|    If your life was a horse, you'd have to shoot it.    |