Re: Facilitating external repositories

Hallo Wouter Verhelst,

03.11.19 18:35 Wouter Verhelst:
> The software from the package downloads the metadata index and validates
> the GPG signature; and if everything checks out, adds configuration to
> /etc/apt/sources.list.d and /etc/apt/trusted.gpg.d to enable the
> repository.

Please don't use /etc/apt/trusted* for 3rd-party repositories. If a key is in
there its owner can impersonate the official debian repos for default setups.¹
Please use some other path (such as /var/lib/extrepo/keyrings/) for the
keyrings and connect it with "Signed-By:" [1].

I just changed my /etc/apt/sources.list.d/debian.sources to have:
Signed-By: /usr/share/keyrings/debian-archive-keyring.gpg

Grüße
Timo

¹ there are still other attack vectors as soon as you install a package from
such a repo
[1] sources.list(5)