Re: Integration with systemd

On 01.11.19 02:33, Thomas Goirand wrote:

...the bigger question is: why systemd-sysusers is part of systemd, and
not a standalone thing, which we could make an essential package. If we
want it to be part of a package standard toolkit, it means systemd
becomes an essential package, which isn't really what we want (we don't
need an init system in a chroot, as you know). For that reason alone,
it's probably a bad idea to recommend systemd-sysusers everywhere.

Just file a bug against systemd and request a split out. Done. And i still don't get it. Why should upstream care and put the sources into another project - i don't get it in the discussion about systemd in the past years. If the handling of the sources is so evil, nobody should use *BSD anymore.

Cheers