Re: "the" cloud [Integration with systemd]

Hi Martin!

On 10/31/19 5:13 PM, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> It is similar with "the" cloud.

Why is there quotes around "the", and why do you think there's only a
single instance of a cloud out there?

> Yet, there are attempts to disrupt the cloud already by making
> machines powerful enough that they do not need a centralized cloud
> provider even if storing a huge lot of data.

We must be living in very different worlds... in mine, there's no such
thing as "a centralized cloud provider", and it's cheaper to deploy your
own cloud on top of Debian. It's also still impossible to store dozens
of petabytes in a single compute (if you have such hardware available,
please give me a link to the vendor), and I'm not yet scratching topics
such as automation, high availability and scalability.

Besides this, I completely miss the point that you're trying to make,
and how this is related to init systems... :)

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)