Re: Building GTK programs without installing dconf-service?

On Fri, 16 Aug 2019, Simon McVittie wrote:
> If there *is* consensus that "don't lose user configuration" is less
> important than "weaken dependencies where possible", then that's a good
> reason to weaken the dependency, although in practice that is likely to
> be wontfix until dh_installgsettings can do it. As far as I can tell,

FWIW, I don't think there's any such consensus... that whole thread seems
very futile to me and I almost skipped it right from the start because
it was started by someone unhappy with systemd who should just use chroots
or containers or VM to build and accept to have systemd-sysv installed in
a build chroot (even if he doesn't want to have systemd as its init on
his server).

I'm pretty happy that you are always willing to investigate thoroughly and
see if we can improve, but you justified all the relationships properly
and I think that we can stop here.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer