Re: file(1) now with seccomp support enabled

Christoph Biedl wrote...

> tl;dr: The file program in unstable is now built with seccomp support
> enabled, expect breakage in some rather uncommon use cases.

Several issues popped up in the last days as a result of that change,
and in spite of some band-aiding to current implementation of seccomp in
the file program creates way more trouble than I am willing to ignore.
So, sadly, I've reverted seccomp support for the time being to avoid
further disruption of the bullseye development.

However, Helmut Grohne has suggested to confine only that part of the
code that is most likely susceptible to vulnerabilities, details in
#932762, and I agree this is possibly the better way to go. This
requires co-ordination with upstream and will take a bit of time.

    Christoph