Re: Debian and our frenemies of containers and userland repos

On Wed, Jul 24, 2019 at 2:42 PM Johannes Schauer wrote:

> Or using the built-in "unshare" backend which uses linux user namespaces:
>
>     $ sbuild --chroot-mode=unshare --chroot=debian-unstable.tar

Do you think it is feasible to use this on some of or the majority of
Debian buildds (most run stretch right now)? There would need to be
exceptions but most packages should build correctly in this scenario.
The main exception would be the Debian installer, IIRC it needs
network to the local apt mirror during the build process.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise