Re: git & Debian packaging sprint report

Ian Jackson <ijackson@chiark.greenend.org.uk> writes:
> Russ Allbery writes ("Re: git & Debian packaging sprint report"):
>> Ian Jackson <ijackson@chiark.greenend.org.uk> writes:

>>> I think in general those places are probably mistakes.  But I'm not
>>> aware of all of them.  One way to look at this is that from the
>>> archive's point of view this robot is a kind of sponsor.  I don't
>>> think anything will go badly wrong.

>> What if I'm actually sponsoring a package and use this tool to upload
>> it?  I feel like overwriting the sponsor information for the package
>> would lose information.

> I can see where you're coming from.  The information is not lost,
> however; it's just somewhere else: namely the DEP-14 debian/<version>
> tag which will be signed by you and not by your sponsee.

What I probably should have said from the start is that the place where
this information shows up that I personally care about is at:

    https://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=rra&comaint=yes

which shows the packages that I've sponsored.  I don't really care how the
information shows up there, but I think it's valuable, and I'd hate to
lose it.