Re: git & Debian packaging sprint report

Russ Allbery writes ("Re: git & Debian packaging sprint report"):
> Ian Jackson <ijackson@chiark.greenend.org.uk> writes:
> > I think in general those places are probably mistakes.  But I'm not
> > aware of all of them.  One way to look at this is that from the
> > archive's point of view this robot is a kind of sponsor.  I don't
> > think anything will go badly wrong.
>
> What if I'm actually sponsoring a package and use this tool to upload it?
> I feel like overwriting the sponsor information for the package would lose
> information.

I can see where you're coming from.  The information is not lost,
however; it's just somewhere else: namely the DEP-14 debian/<version>
tag which will be signed by you and not by your sponsee.

If that turns out to be not sufficient, the robot could put the
git-debpush user tag signing key information in a field in the .dsc.

IME as a sponsor I get (AFAICT) no mails as a result of my sponsorship
signatures so I think there are few automatic processes.  Hrm, I think
tracker may become confused.  It seems to be looking at the .dsc
signatur.  So maybe the .dsc field is indeed needed.

Ian.