Re: Options for 64-bit time_t support on 32-bit architectures

On 2019-07-19 15:13, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> There are two current release architectures where it is at least
> imaginable that they will still be around closer to the year 2038:
> i386 and armhf

With the current way packages are built, i.e. natively on the same
architecture, I don't see 32-bit architectures being able to survive
more than 2 more release cycles. Even with LTS and extended LTS, this is
still far from 2038.

The toolchain on 32-bit architectures reaches the 4GB address space
limit more and more often and people have to deploy tricks to workaround
that. We might want to use cross-compilers on those architectures, but
nowadays it's much more than only GCC.