Re: Does debhelper prune empty directories?

On Fri, 19 Jul 2019, Scott Talbert wrote:

Hi,

I'm working on a package where I have a directory tree listed in the 'install' file with a destination directory. This source directory tree has a few empty subdirectories in it. Somehow during the build process, these empty subdirectories are disappearing. Does debhelper prune empty subdirectories? If so, is there a way to avoid that?

What's strange is that this only seems to be happening in the main package. I have a subpackage which does a similar operation, but it's empty directories seem to be preserved.

I have narrowed it down - it seems to be dh_python2 that is removing the empty directories. Perhaps I should take my question to debian-python.

Scott