Re: xTuple Postbooks license change

On Thu, Jul 18, 2019 at 1:12 AM Seth McClain wrote:

> xTuple recently took most of their git repos off of github and is
> changing the license to much of the code moving forward.
>
> https://xtuple.com/blog/ned/free-software
>
> Debian currently offers builds of Postbooks.
>
> https://salsa.debian.org/xtuple-maintainers-team

I'd encourage you to file a bug against the postbooks package to
discuss this with the Debian xTuple maintainers team.

> It would be a shame for the FOSS community to lose this CPAL licensed
> software.
>
> Which directions might the Debian community take regarding Postbooks?

When Redis changed the license of some modules recently, the Debian
and Fedora package maintainers forked the affected modules from the
commits prior to the license changes under a new organisation called
GoodFORM. Since Postbooks is distributed in Debian (and derivatives)
as well as Fedora/EPEL, the same process could be done for Postbooks.

https://goodformcode.com/
https://repology.org/project/postbooks/packages

--
bye,