Re: default firewall utility changes for Debian 11 bullseye

Jamie Strandboge wrote:

> Again, I'm biased, but ufw supports IPv6. It's also been on the default server
> and desktop install of Ubuntu for 9+ years. ufw functions well for bastion
> hosts, less so for routers (though it has some facility there).

It also has a first-class Ansible module which (given a flood of
firewall options around when I needed to pick something in haste
around the time of the stretch release…) was actually the deciding
factor for me:

  https://docs.ansible.com/ansible/latest/modules/ufw_module.html

Regards,

--