Re: default firewall utility changes for Debian 11 bullseye

On Wed, 17 Jul 2019, Chris Lamb wrote:

> Raphael Hertzog wrote:
>
> > The other desktop firewall that I know is "ufw" but it doesn't seem to
> > have any momentum behind it.
>
> It is curious you mention a lack of momentum; in my experience, it is
> the most commonly recommended firewall on various support-adjacent
> sites around the internet. (Perhaps due to it's Ubuntu/Canonical
> associations and authorship.)

FYI, I'm not aware of any distributions other than Ubuntu where it is in the
default install, but based on bug reports, I know it is in quite a few
distributions. I've always been pleasantly surprised at how much it is used,
and written about. :)

--
Email: jamie@strandboge.com
IRC:   jdstrand