Re: default firewall utility changes for Debian 11 bullseye

On Tue, 16 Jul 2019, Ben Hutchings wrote:

> On Tue, 2019-07-16 at 11:57 +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> [...]
> > The other desktop firewall that I know is "ufw" but it doesn't seem to
> > have any momentum behind it.
>
> Also, while its syntax is obviously intended to be simple, it's quite
> irregular and the syntax error messages aren't very helpful.

FYI, the simple syntax is meant to be, well, simple and the extended syntax is
supposed to resemble OpenBSD's PF. That may not be everyone's cup of tea of
course... :)

As for syntax error messages, please file bugs in the BTS or upstream. I'd be
happy to take a look.

--
Email: jamie@strandboge.com
IRC:   jdstrand