Re: default firewall utility changes for Debian 11 bullseye

Am 17.07.19 um 13:04 schrieb Helmut Grohne:
> On Tue, Jul 16, 2019 at 11:07:15AM +0200, Arturo Borrero Gonzalez wrote:
>> Also, I believe the days of using a low level tool for directly configuring the
>> firewall may be gone, at least for desktop use cases. It seems the industry more
>> or less agreed on using firewalld [2] as a wrapper for the system firewall.
>> There are plenty of system services that integrate with firewalld anyway [3].
>> By the way, firewalld is using (or should be using) nftables by default at this
>> point.
>
> The current firewalld package in unstable depends on iptables, which
> means that it does use nftables under the hood unless one fiddles with
> alternatives.
>
> apt-file search /usr/bin/firewalld suggests that at present, two
> packages (freedombox and glusterfs-common) integrate with firewalld. For
> comparison, 17 packages integrate with ufw.

That list appears to be incomplete. You should also search for
org.fedoraproject.FirewallD1, i.e. software using the D-Bus interface of
firewalld:
https://codesearch.debian.net/search?q=org.fedoraproject.FirewallD1

universe are pointed away from Earth?