Re: Apt-secure and upgrading to bullseye

On Mi, 10 iul 19, 23:47:28, The Wanderer wrote:

> The release notes might be a valid place to document this for people
> upgrading from oldstable-buster to stable-bullseye after the release of
> bullseye, or even (if this would be applicable) switching from stable to
> testing-bullseye midway through the release cycle;

In my understanding of the issue it only affects users that already have
a source in their lists, but the source changes.

It shouldn't have any impact on buster users that upgrade to bullseye
*after* the release, because they are adding a new source.

The biggest impact at bullseye's release will be on buster users,
because buster will change from stable to oldstable.

It might also have some impact to buster users upgrading to bullseye
before the release, however, by then most package managers should be
updated to deal with this correctly.

Kind regards,
Andrei