Re: Apt-secure and upgrading to bullseye

On Wed, Jul 10, 2019 at 07:51:18PM +0100, Julian Gilbey wrote:
> Thanks to everyone for suggestions; I discovered "apt update" through
> a Google search.

I've submitted a patch against the release notes to explicitly mention
this:
https://salsa.debian.org/ddp-team/release-notes/merge_requests/50

> But I realised later that this is going to bite all users when they
> come to upgrade from buster.  Perhaps some aptitude and apt-get
> patches can go into a stable (buster) point release, so that fewer
> users are hurt by this in 2-3 years' time?  It is quite a showstopper!

Given the release notes tell people to use "apt update", I'd be
interested to know if there was any documentation you read or followed
during the upgrade. If you didn't use the release notes, is there a
reason why? Could a tl;dr version make you more likely to read them?

Neil