Re: buster backports question/status

On Wed, Jul 10, 2019 at 11:42:40AM +0200, Julien Cristau wrote:
> buster-backports exists.  AIUI this is an apt bug when dealing with
> empty repos.  (Although why are you setting default-release to
> buster-backports?)

JFTR: Yes it is an apt "bug" in that empty repositories do not create
the structures apt is checking later on if a given target-release is
sensible – that is a feature since 0.8.15.3 (2011) btw → #407511.

I think we will end up creating the structures again for other reasons
so that error will disappear for this edgecase – but I have to second
the question as that seems wrong (and why I put "bug" in quotes).

Best regards

David Kalnischkies