Re: mandatory source uploads

Quoting Samuel Thibault (2019-07-08 12:01:01)
> Thomas Goirand, le lun. 08 juil. 2019 11:57:45 +0200, a ecrit:
> > So if I understand correctly, I can just rebuild everything and do
> > source-only uploads, and the Debian infra will be smart enough to
> > understand how to build?
> Yes.  Only the dependency loops pose problem.

wanna-build is currently not able to break build dependency cycles by itself
even if build profile annotation (i.e <!stage1> or similar) would theoretically
allow it to do so.

Maybe this is a good time to either:

 - teach wanna-build how to schedule profile built binary packages (which will
   *not* end up in the archive) to break dependency cycles

 - allow developers to annotate uploads with a specific build profile that the
   source package is supposed to be built with (maybe in the .changes file?) --
   again the result should not end up in unstable but be used to break
   dependency cycles with hard version constraints

Thanks!

cheers, josch