Re: Survey results: git packaging practices / repository format

Paul Wise writes ("Re: Survey results: git packaging practices / repository format"):
> On Thu, 2019-07-04 at 12:19 +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > What should another Debian contributor do, who wants to make a change
> > to the upstream source, but wants to do so in your own git workflow
> > and collaborate via your git branch, rather than by uploading a .dsc ?
>
> Do upstream changes upstream and packaging changes to the packaging repo.

Does every DD have (i) access (ii) social authority, to make changes
to the upstream repo, the same way we do for the Debian package ?

That seems quite an unusual situation.  No doubt you have documented
it for the benefit of the conscietious RC bugfixer...

Ian.