Re: dgit advocacy again (Re: Survey results: git packaging practices / repository format)

On Jul 03 2019, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
>> > That's the case for me.  I need to admit that I did not used dgit.  The
>> > reason is that I'm working in teams who all have Git repositories on
>> > Salsa that more or less are following what was described in the Perl
>> > team policy.  I live under the impression that dgit is a tool that I do
>> > not need in this case - thus I did not spent any time to learn it.
>>
>> People like you are precisely the intended users of "dgit push --gbp".
>>
>> I think if you used it you would help Debian users and contributors.
>> (You would slightly improve your own life too, but maybe not by enough
>> to be worth the bother of learning a new tool.)
>
> May be we should sit down next to each other at DebConf for one hour and
> you watch my workflow and tell me what can be enhanced by dgit.

Chiming in as someone who only maintains a few trivial packages: the
amount of time that you have spent on asking about dgit may already be
much bigger than the amount of time it would take you to just use it.

At least for me, I was able to simply run 'dgit --gbp build-source &&
dgit --gpm push' instead of 'sbuild <stuff> && dput <stuff>'. Mission
accomplished.

Best,
-Nikolaus

--
GPG Fingerprint: ED31 791B 2C5C 1613 AF38 8B8A D113 FCAC 3C4E 599F