Re: ZFS in Buster

    Enrico> On 01.07.19 21:06, Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult wrote:
    Enrico> Hi,

    >> IIRC the whole things is actually about crypto stuff. Why don't
    >> zfs> folks just use the standard linux crypto api (potentially
    >> introduce
    a>
    Enrico> new algo if the existing ones aren't sufficient) ?
    Enrico> Addendum: just had a quick scan through the code and found a
    Enrico> completely own AES implementation.

Almost certainly because the crypto apis in linux are gpl only and so
 module cannot actually call them.

I'd like to  echo Ian's comments from earlier today.
You do seem to be dominating the list without managing to display
adequate understanding of the points of view of other participants.
It might be valuable to respond  fewer times to the same thread and to
spend a bit more time trying to understand others in the thread.
If you're having trouble doing that it might be good to reach out to see
if you could have an IRC, phone or real-life meeting with participants
to get more onto the same page to participate more effectively.
I think this is much more obvious on the git threads than the zfs
threads.

--Sam