Re: Survey: git packaging practices / repository format

On 29.05.19 23:39, David Bremner wrote:

>> Also, how do you move to a new upstream version ?
>
> use git merge, typically from an upstream tag, or from a debian specific
> upstream branch with tarballs imported on top of upstream history.

Uh, that creates an pretty ugly, unreadable git repo and makes
interacting w/ upstream (eg. submitting patches) unncessarily hard.

That's something I regularily see w/ crappy vendor kernels, which then
take lots of time to bring them into some somewhat usable state :o

--mtx

--
Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult
info@metux.net -- +49-151-27565287