Re: Survey results: git packaging practices / repository format

Hi Ian,

thanks for your work on this.

On Fri, Jun 28, 2019 at 10:42:29PM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> Ian Jackson writes ("Survey: git packaging practices / repository format"):
> > While trying to write the dgit FAQ, and some of the relevant docs, it
> > has become even more painfully obvious that we lack a good handle on
> > what all the different ways are that people use git to do their Debian
> > packaging, and what people call these formats/workflows, and what
> > tools they use.
> >
> > Can you please look through the table below and see if I have covered
> > everything you do ?
>
> Thanks to everyone who responded.  I (with some help from Sean and
> some review from Sam) have worked the answers into a wiki page:
>
>    https://wiki.debian.org/GitPackagingSurvey

I admit I did not joined the dgit discussion - may be that's the reason
I can not really match the branches that are used in Perl team policy

     https://perl-team.pages.debian.net/git.html#repository_layout

(which is used by several other teams I'm working in) to the table in
the Wiki.

> Please let us know if we have missed one.  It is probably better if
> you ask us rather than just adding it, unless you're sure that what
> you are adding isn't the same as one of the existing ones.  In
> particular it seems that "unapplied" is used by a large number of
> people with disjoint tooling and disjoint terminology.

So I'm just asking if its just me not understanding the table properly
or whether the layout I'm used to in close to all teams I'm working in
is not mentioned.

Kind regards and keen on joining your BoF at DebConf

     Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de