Re: Let's consider using year based release identifiers [was: Re: getting rid of "testing"]

在 2019-06-29六的 20:21 +0500,Andrey Rahmatullin写道:

> > > That's right, I don't think that'd confuse me. The reason it wouldn't
> > > confuse me, is that I expect releases to be updated eventually and that
> > > can happen at any time in the future - f.ex. in 2021.
> > > *t
> > >

> > It will confuse me because in 2021 I will expect release 2021 .
> > Furthermore, will .7 stand for July ?
> I assume it's about point releases (which, again, Ubuntu doesn't do
> AFAIK).

I'm not sure about other issues but Ubuntu *do* make point releases for LTS.
There's something like Ubuntu 16.04.{,1,2,3,4}, etc. Their corresponding
(point) release dates are, of course, not in year 2016. As a result I think
it's not an issue.

Thanks,
Boyuan Yang