Re: Survey results: git packaging practices / repository format

On Fri, Jun 28, 2019 at 10:42:29PM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:

> I hope you all won't mind too much that Sean and I have privileged our
> own point of view, in the columns which contain value judgements, and
> that we hope to retain that property of the page.

I have no problem with you making a collation of the results from your
point of view, but I would also like to see some more objective
presentation of the survey results, even if in a more raw format.

I saw in your survey a great potential for documenting the existing
workflows, and I'm having a hard time getting that documentation from
the current presentation.

I could suggest a descriptive wiki page for each style you identified,
that then the users of that workflow can add to, and can serve as seeds
for growing comprehensive documentation, if that is doable with the data
you collected.

The current big table might end up being simplified by having links to
the detail pages.

Thank you for your work on this, by the way. I'm really excited at the
idea of a taxonomy and details of debian mantenance workflows!

Enrico

--
GPG key: 4096R/634F4BD1E7AD5568 2009-05-08 Enrico Zini <enrico@enricozini.org>