Re: getting rid of "testing"

On Tue, Jun 25, 2019 at 01:11:09PM +0500, Andrey Rahmatullin wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 25, 2019 at 09:46:00AM +0200, Bastian Blank wrote:
> > > Related to that I would like to be able to write something like
> > >   deb http://deb.debian.org/debian debian11 main
> > >   deb http://security.debian.org/debian-security debian11-security main
> > > in sources.list as codenames confuse people.
> >
> > Can you please elaborate on the "confuse people"?
> I guess only (most?) Debian contributors and hardcore Debian users
> remember the order of the codenames and their mappings to current
> stable/oldstable/testing and to numeric versions.

If even that.

Potato was followed by sarge, but I think there was something in between
(although I'm not sure). There's an etch somewhere, and a lenny.

But what were the orderings again? I honestly don't remember.

Yes please, let's use debian11 in the URL somewhere.

--
To the thief who stole my anti-depressants: I hope you're happy

  -- seen somewhere on the Internet on a photo of a billboard