Re: getting rid of "testing"

Am Dienstag, den 25.06.2019, 11:48 -0400 schrieb Michael Stone:
> On Tue, Jun 25, 2019 at 05:01:48PM +0200, Alf Gaida wrote:
> > Only a few remarks as former simple user and now maintainer:
> > * Please don't mix things: release names has a value, distribution
> > names like oldoldstable, oldstable, stable, testing, unstable has
> > their value too
>
> oldoldstable has the value of demonstrating some of what's wrong
> with
> the current system

Then running wheezy will be fine once buster is released, because
oldoldstable will point to jessie and wheezy won't have a release name
any more?

Some admins ask: "How many reboots until the next Debian release?"
Others ask: "How many Debian releases until the next reboot?"
I can images systems that are getting bought, setup, and after several
years shutdown and retired without rebooting or dist-upgrading them.

--
Benjamin Drung
System Developer

1&1 IONOS Cloud GmbH | Greifswalder Str. 207 | 10405 Berlin | Germany
E-mail: benjamin.drung@cloud.ionos.com | Web: www.ionos.de

Head Office: Berlin, Germany
District Court Berlin Charlottenburg, Registration number: HRB 125506 B
Executive Management: Christoph Steffens, Matthias Steinberg, Achim
Weiss

Member of United Internet