Re: getting rid of "testing"

On Tue, Jun 25, 2019 at 06:06:55PM +0200, Benjamin Drung wrote:
Am Dienstag, den 25.06.2019, 11:48 -0400 schrieb Michael Stone:
On Tue, Jun 25, 2019 at 05:01:48PM +0200, Alf Gaida wrote:
> Only a few remarks as former simple user and now maintainer:
> * Please don't mix things: release names has a value, distribution
> names like oldoldstable, oldstable, stable, testing, unstable has
> their value too

oldoldstable has the value of demonstrating some of what's wrong
with
the current system

Then running wheezy will be fine once buster is released, because
oldoldstable will point to jessie and wheezy won't have a release name
any more?

Some admins ask: "How many reboots until the next Debian release?"
Others ask: "How many Debian releases until the next reboot?"
I can images systems that are getting bought, setup, and after several
years shutdown and retired without rebooting or dist-upgrading them.

I have no idea what you're trying to say, sorry.