Re: getting rid of "testing"

what do people think about getting rid of current suite names ("stable",
"testing", "unstable") for most purposes?  We already recommend using
codenames instead as those don't change their meaning when a new release
happens.
Hi Ansgar, Regarding suite names (stable, testing, and unstable), there are for convenience if you rather just want to stick to particular distribution. If suite names are removed, you have to update sources.list whenever a new release is made in order to keep up to date to your chosen suite. If you e.g. track buster (which at the time of writing is in testing) instead of testing, you are tracking buster until EOL. PS: I'm not Debian User or Developer, so my opinion can be misleading. Regards, Bagas