Re: The Difference between debcheckout and dgit and what they try to accomplish

Hi Enrico,

> This reminds me of something that popped up in a dinner discussion a few
> days ago: mandate documenting workflow in debian/README.source no matter
> what, and allow to symlink that file to a repository in
> /usr/share/doc/somewhere/ as we do for common licenses.

I do like the symlink part of this idea as it could mostly address the
"boy who cried wolf"-like boilerplate concerns that I raised in 2009
about previous potential overuses of README.source, although in this
particular case with respect to quilt patches:

  https://bugs.debian.org/543417

(*silently cringes at past-lamby's usage of the hackneyed "considered
harmful" suffix*)

Regards,

--
      ,''`.