Re: binutils security support (Re: fixing debian-security-support upgrades from stretch (for good))

Am 14.05.19 um 23:39 schrieb Moritz Mühlenhoff:
> Holger Levsen <holger@layer-acht.org> schrieb:
>> (and yes, I also agree this is quite a desaster, just like
>> kde4libs/khtml only is suitable for trusted content, which IOW means,
>> one should not use konqueror or kmail on the interweb.)
>
> That is the upstream status quo and not in any way specific to Debian,
> we're just the only ones transparent about it instead of wiping it
> under the carpet.

Thanks for the clarification.

It would be helpful, if this remark about the missing *upstream* support
was in debian-security-support in addition to the line

>   Details: Not covered by security support

It took me some time find the remark in debian-devel.

Christoph