Re: Missing package in Debian Buster "evolution-ews"

On Mon, 2019-06-17 at 11:13 +0200, Bas Couwenberg wrote:
> On 2019-06-17 09:56, Ronald Jaeckel wrote:
> > The only package I've missed was evolution-ews. It's not in the
> > repositories anymore. So I took the package from sid and it worked
> > for
> > me. My question is: Will be the package evolution-ews integrated in
> > Buster before the official release?
>
> No, the package is blocked from transitioning to testing for quite a
> while, see:
>

> https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/evolution-ews
>

> When the package gets fixed, it may be possible to backport it to
> buster-backports. It wasn't backported before, so the maintainer is
> unlikely to do that.
>
> Perhaps you can get involved in resolving the issues in the package
> get it into testing, and maintain the backports once it's in testing.
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> Bas

Hi,

I rely on evolution-ews at $work so I opened 2 PRs on Salsa:

https://salsa.debian.org/gnome-team/evolution-data-server/merge_requests/1
https://salsa.debian.org/gnome-team/evolution-ews/merge_requests/2

Tested the changes, seem to work fine with the instance we use at
$work. It would be great if we could get the plugin back into Buster
before the release.

--
Kind regards,
Luca Boccassi