Re: Debian, so ugly and unwieldy!

Adam Borowski:
> On Sun, Jun 09, 2019 at 09:46:37AM +0100, Chris Lamb wrote:
>> [...]
>
>> As others have mentioned, I hope that Debian remains a project that
>> makes it evermore welcoming to individuals
>
> Yeah but one of our core values is "we do not hide problems".  I'd rather
> lash out and voice my gripes _with actionable ideas_ than to stay silent to
> avoid hurting someone's ego.
>
> [...]

Hi Adam,

You have some technical improvements that may be useful and they may
very well be actionable or simple to implement.

However, at no point in this, can I understand how highlighting disdain
for certain people (or what their "title") would help with anything in
this endeavour (or any other cause for that matter).  From my PoV, it
just seems needlessly unprofessional and hostile towards others - plus
now we get to spent time dissecting that rather than focusing on what
you wanted to change.

Consider the opening part of the mail (2nd + 3rd paragraph):

> I'll concentrate at XFCE, as I consider GNOME3's UI a lost cause, thus I'd
> find it hard to bring constructive arguments there.
>
> I also hate with a passion so-called "UX designers".  Those are folks who
> created Windows 8's Metro tiles, lightgray-on-white "Material Design" flat
> unmarked controls, and so on.  They work from a Mac while not having to
> actually use what they produce.

Rewritten as:

"""
My suggestions below will concentrate on XFCE because I use that myself.
 Though most of these changes are probably useful to other desktop
environments as well.
"""

(Replace "use" with "tested" if you do not actually use XFCE regularly;
I assumed you did but apologies if I guessed wrong)

This rewrite would have made a world of difference for how I perceived
the email.

Thanks,
~Niels