Re: ZFS in Buster

On 6/6/19 5:16 PM, Ondřej Surý wrote:
> If we cannot make the ZoL in Buster safe for our users it needs to be removed from the release

My understanding is that the issue is only affecting the performance of
the encryption part of ZFS, right? If so, I don't see why we should
remove ZFS from Buster, if ZFS continues to work perfectly, as long as
one doesn't use the encryption feature. Some warning lines in the
release notes, explicitly telling we recommend against using ZFS
encryption would IMO be enough.

Please let me know if I'm wrong.

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)