Re: Suspending Offer to Reimburse Expenses for Attending Future Bug Squashing Parties

    Tobias> On Fri, Jun 07, 2019 at 11:10:12PM +0000, Holger Levsen wrote:
    >> On Wed, Jun 05, 2019 at 09:19:03AM -0400, Sam Hartman wrote:
    >> > Handling reimbursements for BSPs has significantly crossed my
    >> threshhold > for not being fun with our current procedures.  We
    >> absolutely should > reimburse developers attending BSPs
    >>
    >> yes! why don't you just say 'yes' to all requests written with
    >> somewhat proper grammar^w^w^w^wfrom people with a bit of
    >> searchable debian activity?! that would cost, what 10k a year,
    >> and would just be yay.
    >>
    >> i'd be very surprised if it would raise to more than 20k even if
    >> we announced this *everywhere allthetime*. and if/when that
    >> happens, more yay, we increased contributors and contributions!
    >>
    >> i'd be in favor. go BSPs!

    Tobias> +1

I'm hurt reading your message and Holger's.
I wrote to the project saying that the current situation sucked for me.
I got some great offers of help and I think this issue will be easy to
resolve.

But then I got a message from holger and agreement from you that
basically said "if you did things this way it wouldn't suck."  Neither
of you took the time to understand what my concerns are.
You just assumed you knew what my frustration was without asking and
jumped to a solution without actually considering the things that are
important to me.

I do not feel valued in this interaction.
When I bring up an issue i'd hope that people working on trying to solve
that issue would take the time to understand what my concern is.
I hope we'd offer that to everyone in our community.

--Sam