Re: Suspending Offer to Reimburse Expenses for Attending Future Bug Squashing Parties

On Fri, Jun 07, 2019 at 11:10:12PM +0000, Holger Levsen wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 05, 2019 at 09:19:03AM -0400, Sam Hartman wrote:
> > Handling reimbursements for BSPs has significantly crossed my threshhold
> > for not being fun with our current procedures.  We absolutely should
> > reimburse developers attending BSPs
>
> yes! why don't you just say 'yes' to all requests written with somewhat
> proper grammar^w^w^w^wfrom people with a bit of searchable debian
> activity?! that would cost, what 10k a year, and would just be yay.
>
> i'd be very surprised if it would raise to more than 20k even if we
> announced this *everywhere allthetime*. and if/when that happens, more
> yay, we increased contributors and contributions!
>
> i'd be in favor. go BSPs!

+1

I think also that BSPs are good to "aquire" new contributors or get them
wetted enough to get even more involved into Debian.

(I think that is also something we need to take care off, I have the
impression that Debian is shrinking in people, not growing -- disclaimer that
could be also a MIA-team-member-view, offseted by an subjective
impression you get when you do MIA.)

--
tobi