Re: ZFS in Buster

> On 8 Jun 2019, at 10:56, Aron Xu <aron@debian.org> wrote:
>
> Even further, it's distributed in
> the form of dkms source and theoretically not in Debian (contrib) to
> save people of Software Freedom Conservancy from being upset about
> losing their position of Linux GPL enforcement.

I don’t care much about the rest, I said what I wanted to say, but I strongly disagree with this statement. It’s both untrue and very rude.

We (the Debian community) care about the software freedom and associated licensing because we care “the software freedom”, not to please or displease some people that deeply care about the same/similar thing.

Ondrej
--
Ondřej Surý <ondrej@sury.org>