Re: Removing bzip2 support from apt due to rustification

On Fri, 2019-06-07 at 11:48 +0800, Julian Andres Klode wrote:

Why am I getting BCCed on this?  Is this low-key unsolicited
complaining like in https://mastodon.social/@juliank/102226793499538013
 ?

> seeing that Federico Mena Quintero has taken over bzip2 development
> and is in the process of porting it to Rust[1], we should consider
> removing bzip2 support from apt, dpkg, etc. following the release
> of buster.

What Debian decides to do is up to them.  Please keep me out of this
discussion.

Also, may I suggest that you monitor
https://gitlab.com/federicomenaquintero/bzip2/issues/6 and especially
read my replies to that issue.

Julian, do not contact me again regarding bzip2 and Rust.  A compatible
C version is going to be available by default.

  Federico