Re: Debian, so ugly and unwieldy!

On 2019-06-07 17:24 +0200, Adam Borowski wrote:
> * CSD is still a thing.  No, your special program shouldn't get to ignore
>   system theme, put controls in wrong order, miss some controls, not respond
>   to minimize/etc if it's currently busy, etc.  Consistency not one-off
>   designs.

What is CSD?

> re: panels

I too have used XFCE for many years on many machines and always get
rid of the bottom panel or at least make it hidden almost
immediately. Hidden panels are not much use as a default (not
discoverable), but just having one narrower panel would be sensible
for modern screens.

Most of the rest of what said sounded fairly sensible to me too,
although I'm not familiar with all the details (and have never noticed a
need for a dark theme). Nicer defaults for screenspace and fonts
definitely sounds like a good idea. You probably need to persuade the
maintainer.

Wookey
http://wookware.org/